Wednesday 27 May 2015

Vinyls of the Month!

Heyyyy everyone :)

May has been one heck of a busy month. I didn't get as much time to listen to vinyls - however I did have a few of favourites from my Third Man Records haul.

1. The Ghost Who Walks by Karen Elson 7".
Yes THE Karen Elson - I actually did not know that she was an amazing musician - her music is so soothing and cool. She spends a lot of her time in Nashville and released an album whilst she was still married to Jack White (hero :P) on his label. This was the first single from the album. I LOVE EVERYTHING about this song - its so beautiful and magical. It really tells a story and the artwork is lovely. I recommend that you all check out the song/video because it really is lovely. Karen's album is also amazing!


2. That Black Bat Licorice by Jack White 7". 
As mentioned above - Jack White is a bit of a hero of mine. Not only is he a genuis musician - he is also an all round interesting guy. This song is from his latest album called Lazaretto. It is pretty raw, exciting with a violin solo! I love the way in which everything connects for Jack White - this album and its artwork is all linked. You should check out this song if you want something to rock out to!



3. Thunder On The Mountain by Wanda Jackson 7".
I don't know much about Wanda Jackson in all honesty - but I discovered her stuff through Third Man Records and her collaborations with Jack White. Obviously I did know that she was a Country Musician. This song is just FUN! I really got into Country Music and the Nashville scene - it is on  my list of places to visit when I go to the States. I really respect Wanda for creating awesome music and to keep going. It might not be everyone's cup of tea - but I do love this when I want to listen to something different. Do go and have a listen - the video is also a lot of fun!



So there you have it! These are my May favourites out of my vinyls. What have you been  listening to lately? Do recommend your favourite songs/albums! I am always up for new music.

Have a great day everyone!

Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment