Thursday 16 April 2015

Vinyl of the month!

I could not imagine my life without music. I think in the past I have made a post about my favourite albums, well today I decided to do my favourite vinyl of this month.

 My collection is growing all of the time and I just love putting on a record and relaxing. It is my way to unwind and forget any stress.

This months choice is Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix. This was a re-issue that I got from Oxford a couple of months back. I swear I was born in the wrong time because Psychedelic music is my thing. Hendrix is one of my favourite musicians of all time!

I love this album so much. It's just so experimental and GENUIS. I really wish I was alive when Hendrix was and be lucky enough to see him in concert.

What I love about vinyl is the story behind the album, the cover, the songs, why a certain thing was chosen to represent the artist..etc..etc.. I do like this cover as the original cover was a little NSFW!



I will always be a 60s music lover, so much happened in that time.

If you hear any song from this album I would listen to 1983 (A Merman I Should Be) ugh this song is so beautiful!

Have you heard this album too? What are your views on Vinyl?

Take care all!

Ash xx

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic album!! Gotta love 60's music! Also, this is a great idea for a post! I look forward to future vinyls of the month! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like this idea! I will be posting more for sure... I just cannot stop buying them... :D

      Delete