Friday 12 June 2015

Superdrug Haul

Hi everyone!

It seems to me like the hauls just won't end :P I need to stop but ahh well! YOLO as they say :P

So I was recently in Superdrug and I FINALLY found some Real Techniques Sculpting Set brushes (£20.99) that I was after. I also got a highlighter (Opalescent Amber £3.00)  and lip liner (Caramel Noughat £1.00) from MUA. I do love that brand - its cheap and the products are awesome.

I must admit - I was a bit late to the real techniques band wagon...I only purchased the travel set around October last year and full size brushes this year. They are pretty good to be fair - I guess I just never got around to buying them. This particular brush set was always sold out in my local Superdrug so I managed to find them after a while! I have been excited to use this set though. It is aimed to contour and enhance. The set contains the following:


"Each brush is a special design: a sleek, high-shine pink instead of the classic matte.
  • sculpting brush: features a wide, angled head specially designed to help create defined contours
  • fan brush (set exclusive): softly sweeps on powders + whisks away any excess makeup for an even finish
  • setting brush: the key to completing any look with a controlled dusting of powder or highlighter
I actually already own a setting brush - but it is always nice to have an extra one - I also recommend this brush highly because you can use it for so many things! 

Have you tried these brushes yet? Do you think that these brushes are worth the price? 

I have only swatched the items below and have yet to use them - but I am excited to try them out!
Anyway do excuse the pictures the best light I had was in my bathroom. Oh in case you were wondering my nail colour is Tart Deco from Essie and the ring is from Next. :)






I find that the highlighter can also be used as a blush or blush enhancing powder but is is really pretty for something so cheap! I love the colour pay off. The lipliner is a perfect nude and for £1 it really is worth it!

Have you tried any of the highlighters from MUA yet? What do you think of the quality and price of these items? :)

Like I mentioned before - I really do love both brands and I look forward to seeing what comes out next. For Real Techniques I really want to try the Bold Metals brushes next they are a bit more pricey but from what I have heard certain brushes are worth having. As for MUA I still want to try some of their new face products this includes their setting powders in the lilac, green, peach and yellow. (I did pick it up but I left it again whoops!)

I hope you are all well! Have a fantastic day!

Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment