Monday 10 October 2011

It's that time of the year...

Hello all, it has been a few days since I posted last...but I have been a bit busy with work and stuff at home...and lack of time has just been getting to me.

But today I can finally make a post about my time at Lush last week (Oct 1st) with the launch of their Christmas products. I signed up for the free event a couple of weeks before and even though I was very close to missing out..(because I was lazy) I did end up going and it was a lot of fun!


A very hipster Instagram shot of the Bath Ballistics. :P

The store had complimentary drinks (which I was sensible and had the lemonade rather than the wine..), and various members of staff going through the new products with you. They also had a number of girls giving make up looks with their colour supplements as a base, hand massages with their massage bars and hair styling with their dirty range. As well as a girl being painted...which I don't think I would have gone for..I left before her painting was complete but I have a few pictures here! :)


New Soaps including Snowcake Angels Delight, and Candy Cane.

Another new Soap in Northern Lights. This was the one I was most excited about.


Snow Fairy Section, in which on the first day there was only 1 big bottle of Snow Fairy showergel left!



Gifts upon Gifts!


Body paint time! I had to sneakily take this picture..or she would have thought that I was really weird...

I ended up going for the hand massage as I already had make up on and my hair was freshly styled a lá lazy (meaning I half dried it with moroccan oil and then styled it with my Texturising spray.). The hand massage was amazing though, I felt like I needed it the lovely lady doing my massage used the Soft Coeur bar which was worked deep into my skin giving a real luxury feel and then she finished it off by sweeping off the excess and using the Silky Underwear dusting powder. This just left my skin in an amazing state! I might need to invest in these two products when my skin is in need of attention.

The experience overall was good, I did pick up some really nice products from their new range and I do love my hometown store, two of the girls are my school friends and they are just so nice. However...I am more looking forward to the Lush Sale because I will most likely go crazy and buy lots of the range. :D

So I did buy a few things (partly because I had to exchange a solid perfume as I hated it...)



Glögg and Snow Fairy Shower gels both 100g. 

Cinders Bath Ballistic.


Abombinaball Bath Ballistic.






The only thing I didn't see which I did really want was the Buche de Noel face cleanser. I have heard a lot of good things about this product so I need to go over to the store again and see when it will be around. It helps that my current Lush cleanser is also finishing. :P

So far I have tried the Abombinaball ballistic (which was good and left the bathwater in a lovely teal/bright blue colour, as well was relaxing my muscles, aches, pains etc..this also made me feel all warm inside.) I also tried the Glögg shower gel and well I am not too impressed with it..maybe its the aftersmell that puts me off. I am most looking forward to trying the Northern Lights soap, it is very similar to Karma but it has a lemon base rather than an orange one. I love that it is neon yellow...it really does remind me of the Aurora's in the sky. :)

I hope that you have all been well.
Is there anything from the Lush Christmas range that you would like to purchase?
Enjoy your Monday everyone!
Ash xx

1 comment: