Monday 3 October 2011

Urban Decay Book of Shadows

I mentioned in my last posts that I recently purchased the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. IV.
Why I bought this...I have no good enough reasons. But I now own 10 palettes my Urban Decay and for a very good reason too: I love their eyeshadows.

This palette features something different from the other palettes it includes a speaker to plug into your smartphone and a card with various QR codes, when encoded from your phone opens up videos on how to create certain looks with this palette. It also contains 10 new colours, as well as a mascara, liquid eyeliner and primer potion. It does come in at £46.00 which might seem a bit hefty but when you calculate the costs of the eyeshadows and extras its pretty cheap..and will last you a long time.
I feel like this palette has more usable colours than some of the others, the neutrals are really the key. Although I wish they hadn't included Baked (seeing as that is in nearly all of the palettes I own) The colours are pretty different and useful.  I love how this time rather than getting the Zero 24/7 glide on pencil you get the liquid liner instead, as I have many of the pencils from my previous collections. The Primer potion is also different in my opinion the formula has changed, its much thicker in consistency. I have tried the mini mascara and so far I like it but I wouldn't buy it over the Big Fatty Lash. It left my lashes curly but they had no volume whatsoever. Anyway here are  better pictures of the colours and swatches. :)

Left to Right: Baked (Rich Orange Gold), Cobra (Blacked Khaki Green with Gold Shimmer), Gunmetal (Dark Grey with Silver Flecks), Blue Bus (Blue/Purple).
 (With Flash below)
Left to Right: Hijack (Turquiose/Denim Blue), Lost (Chocolate Brown), Gravity (Rich Purple), Bender (Moss Green).
With Flash (Below)
Left to Right: Crystal (Pale Blue with Blue glitter flecks), Midnight Rodeo (Taupe with Silver Glitter), Sin (Pink/Peach), Midnight Cowgirl (Pale Gold with Gold Glitter).
With Flash below:
Top to Bottom: Bust (Taupe/Quartz), Missionary (Peach/Taupe), Skimp (Light Peach/Cream),  Zephyr (Cream/White Shimmer).
With Flash (Left to Right: Bust, Missionary, Skimp and Zephyr)


So I really do love this palette, it has some really workable colours and the Neutrals are almost as good as the Naked Palette. I have been using this non-stop since I got it. Below are some of the pictures of the other stuff included:

24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Peversion, Supercurl Curling Mascara and Original Primer Potion.




Overall I would recommend this palette to anyone who doesn't own anything by Urban Decay, its a good introduction to the brand and the colours are richly pigmented. :)

How are you all today? Over the weekend I attended a Lush Christmas Products Launch party at their store, it was really good and I picked up some amazing new products. Which I shall mention in my next post.

Happy Monday everyone!
Ash xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi! A great post!

    I never owned Urban Decay eye shadow palette. In fact my first purchase from Urban Decay was their foundation. I am in love with it and just did a review on it. Maybe I should get the Book of shadows! x

    www.mayasvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete