Tuesday 11 October 2011

This and that.

Hello all,
Today's post is just a bit of this and that...well a ramble of things really.
Firstly, I haven't done a September Favourites post yet because I haven't had time! :( But I will probably do
"Stuff I am loving right now" post instead.

Secondly I am trying to go on a make-up ban for the next couple of months...so all the future posts will be about things I already own.. (let's see if I can last...I highly doubt it as I might be going on holiday soon...) Also this ban does NOT include make up given to me :P So a little loophole there to ease my longing.


The House of Fraser in my hometown (basically its a department store) has been going through some refurbishments for a couple of months...I went into there today and they now stock a few new cosmetic brands that were not in the store before. This includes: Shiseido, Biba, Urban Decay and my favourite... NARS! I am so glad that now Nars is being stocked in Milton Keynes, I always had to go to Birmingham, Manchester or London for my nearest fix. I was however slightly appauled by the customer service I received there...the make up girls were very arrogant and would ask me if I was ok, treat me like I was some sort of scum and then get back to gossiping before checking out my make up, clothes shoes etc...THIS is exactly why I can never work in the beauty business, you never get nice customer service and these girls think that they own the world just because they work for a beauty brand. I know that NOT ALL make up counter girls/ladies are like this...but most of them are in my experience and I always feel so unworthy if I end up buying anything... :( Have any of you guys had the same experience at department stores?



I have my eye on the 'Amour' Blush from Nars though. I did a couple of swatches of it and it was just the most perfect of Peach/Pinks...with a hint of shimmer. I might end up buying it soon because I need a good blusher. I feel like I don't have a good quality one and if I end up going on holiday I will be attending a wedding so I need a blush that can do me justice. It is £20.50 though...but I have read/heard so many good reviews of the Nars blushes that I might just give in and purchase this in the near future. (I guess my make up ban might go out the window...but if I persuade the bank of parents to buy it for me...then it's not cheating right? :P)
I mean just look at this blush it has the right amount of glitter pigments and colour...kinda wish I took a picture of my swatch now! lol




I went into my local Tescos and finally got an opportunity to see the VIVO range, I didn't buy anything but I definitely have been impressed with the range, the prices were reasonable and the products look to a good quality..I think I feel cheap make up brand love commencing in the near future!

So things on my to do list include: Going to Stratford Westfield Shopping centre...as KIKO Make Up, Beauty Base and Inglot are all there...I need to see it!!!

My new perfume love out of the many has got to be the New Valentino Perfume 'Valentina' I think I love this more than the Elie Saab perfume. It is so much more subtle and smells similar to Nina Ricci's Nina but has a more floral base. I love the bottle too, argh need this in my life! I have £15 worth of points saved up on one of my beauty cards...so I might just use them...I want to get this perfume as I am really starting to dislike the Marc Jacobs Oh Lola! It is just too sickly for me now...so I am trying to finish it asap. Even if I hate it haha.


Anyway, I feel like I should start posting about the things I can't live without in my beauty regime, it might make my posts a little more interesting. :P

Hope that you are all well!
Ash xx

1 comment:

  1. That blush looks gorgeous! :)

    It's great that you're going on a spending ban too!

    ReplyDelete