Saturday 18 February 2012

Finally.

I think I posted about this MONTHS ago. But I am very happy because I have finally managed to finish a perfume that I really really disliked.
Basically for my birthday I got given Marc Jacobs Oh Lola fragrance (50ml EDT) Now I really thought I would like this perfume but how wrong I was! I did not enjoy using this perfume at all...but because it was a gift from my parents I thought that I better use it up rather than it go to waste.



For me the smell was just sickening...it was tooo sweet and it didn't last very long either. Now you might be thinking...why didn't she just give it away...again as it was a gift I couldn't do that plus my parents made me open it and have a spray the day I got it hahaha. Apparently this perfume should have notes of Peony and Rose (which I do not see at all) as well as notes of Strawberry, Pear and Vanilla. (This I get too much of) Maybe I am a little too old for the fragrance itself so this might be why I hated it so much. I just don't get the perfume...it doesn't do anything for me except smell like a bunch of candied fruit sweets topped with a heap of vanilla. If that is your thing then I would recommend this fragrance but I prefer floral and fresh scents.
I did however love the packaging for this perfume, it was so cute and kitsch. I always like how Marc Jacobs markets his perfumes and Juergen Teller is one of my favourite photographers! I think I definitely prefer the Original Lola. It seems a little more sophisticated than this one. But I basically used this every day at work, or at home just to finish it. I will probably keep the flower at the top of the bottle as it is a lovely design.

I think its easy to say that I won't be re-purchasing this fragrance again and I hope that no one else decides to gift it to me!

Have you ever had perfumes that you wish you didn't? If you what did you do about them?

I hope that you are all well!
Ash xx

P.S. My next perfume on my finish list is Beyoncé Heat. OMG I just detest this perfume but again I was made to open it infront of my Dad and I have had to use it since. EW. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment