Friday 10 February 2012

MAC Haul

I was very tempted to check out the MAC Naturally collection and buy some stuff from it...however I was really disappointed with the Mineralize Eyeshadows...they just seemed a little boring to me..and I love wearing them on nights out or special occasions...but this collection had dull eyeshadows in my opinion.

HOWEVER!!!!
I did discover that MAC have added a few old mineralize shadows to their collection...upon which seeing this I was in SHOCK....therefore I just had to get my hands onto them. So does anyone remember the MAC Style Black collection? This was back in 2009 I think...and MAC released these amazing Mineralize Eyeshadows..4 of them infact. I only managed to get two of them. 'Cinderella' (A mineralized black with silver pearl) and 'Blue Flame' (A mineralized black with blue pearl). As far as I can remember these were sold out instantly and I missed out on the other two colours...which I was SO SAD ABOUT. BUTTTTT MAC have bought these back! All four shades from the Style Black collection and a new Green shade to add called 'Smutty Green' (Cream/Warm Green/Black veining) (LINK) I was just so happy to see these in the store and now I have completed my collection!

I picked up the Gilt by Association (A mineralized black with gold and bronze pearl) and Young Punk (A mineralizd black with pinkish and purple pearl) I didn't get Smutty Green as I already have that colour in another mineralize eyeshadow that was in the Venomous Villains collection. It is safe to say that I am extrememly happy with these purchases. I had wanted these colours for so so long! 

So the first swatch is of Gilt By Association  and the second is of Young Punk . (By the way...I used the Diptic app on my iPhone to take these pictures. It is so genius!)



I also got a Lipstick as I am really in love with them at the moment! I bought an Amplified Creme lipstick in Cosmo. I am really loving the pink nude shades right now and I wear them every day. So this is just another addition to my collection. It is a really long lasting type of colour and it feels so velvety on the lips.



Oh and my Dad was abroad recently and I asked him to get me a Estée Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick in Crystal Baby. I have wanted this for soooo long too! It always seems to be sold out in the stores here. I just needed a light pink that would go with everything and this was the colour for me. It does look similar to Cosmo but it is pretty different...it is more sheer with a peach undertone when applied to the lips.


Anyway that was my Haul. I am totally in love with these products!
What is your opinion on Mineralize Eyeshadows? Are they really worth it? I for one love them so much and prefer them to pigments. :)

Hope that you are all well!
Ash xx

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh wow well done girl love it!!! I think I have Young Punk from Venomous Villains, du know if it was in one of that collection's shadows? Pretty sure it was.
    Gilt By Association is AWESOME, is it both in stores and online du know?
    Also, Cosmo has been a staple of mine for the past six years, excellent choice! xxx

    ReplyDelete