Tuesday 24 January 2012

My Current Haircare Routine.

Hello again all. This post is dedicated to haircare, I don't normally talk about this subject and I thought I would tackle it today! Recently my hair has been in horrible condition it has been unruly, neglected and my scalp has had many problems with it being itchy, red and filled with dandruff. This probably due to stress and the weather I am guessing because I have also lost a lot of hair. So I have adapted a new routine just to give it some life again. .

Snake Oil by Lush. This is a scalp treatment in the solid form.
Basically the bar is to be rubbed against your fingers to release the oils, then you can transfer the residue to your scalp to treat the affected areas. This bar contains Cade Oil, Cocoa Butter, tea tree, lavender and peppermint oils. This is perfect to treat my scalp as it softens and treats the affected areas. My scalp feels less itchy which is always a good sign. I would probably go on to use this around 3 times a week although I am not sure on how many times one should use this product..might need to ask my local lush girls for that. However I must insist that this product can be very difficult to use and you really need to work it into your finger tips. I think the best way would be to melt 1/4 of it in a bowl in the microwave so it becomes an oil like consistency. Then when it has cooled down you apply it to your scalp. (Although I have not tried it this way yet but the reviews on the Lush website suggest this.) I have yet to make a real judgement on this product as I have only used it twice so this review might be a bit unfair. However I have seen a change in my scalp so only time will tell if this is the real deal. Some people say that the smell of this product is too much but I don't mind it actually to me it smells more like peppermint which is always a nice wake up kind of fragrance.

The Hair Doctor by Lush.
This product is a hair mask which can be used to treat your hair in a desperate time of need. It contains peppermint, coconut oil, almond oil, Irish moss powder, rosemary, henna and a load of other ingredients to nourish hair and treat scalps by stimulating bloodflow and give a deep clean to the hair and scalp too. I feel like this product is amazing but you don't get a lot for your money. I have thick, medium length curly hair and can only get about two uses out of this. If you have short hair then you can probably get three uses and with long hair only around 1 use. So for £6.50 I feel like I should get more use out of it., Saying that this product did work for my hair, it was shingy, revitalised, nourished, and my scalp was less itchy. I did like th smell of this as it was like the Snake Oil filled with peppermint which gave my scalp a tingly sensation. You just apply it to hair 20 minutes or so before washing and then use a shampoo and conditioner after doing so. I do like this product but the price and quantity are my main concerns, I just feel like it doesn't live up but I would recommend it to all those with troubled scalps it does work and my hair has seen a decrease in dandruff and itchiness.

Soak and Float Shampoo Bar by Lush.
This shampoo bar is the third thing my local Lush girl recommended to me for my troubled scalp. It is designed for sore, itchy scalps and dandruff. It contains Rose petal and marigold petals, as well as lavender oil with cade oil (which does smell more like creosote). It does smell like a bonfire though...which might put some people off but it is growing on me. It is supposed to be an antiseptic treatment for scalp and provide balance to hair. This shampoo bar is overpowering but it does the job well. I am impressed by it, the dandruff and itchy scalp issues are nearly all gone. The shampoo bar lathers up very well and I feel like it works better with the snake oil and hair doctor too. My locks were really shiny and conditioned though. I would definitely recommend this shampoo bar if you have the same hair problems as I do. The fact that they last for a while is such a plus!


Jungle Solid Hair Conditioner by Lush.
I have spoken about this product many times and it is still my favourite conditioner. It smells so exotic and lovely that it lasts a while which leaves my hair soft, refreshed and shiny. I find that this is the best conditioner I have used out of many which says a lot really! The best way to use this bar is to make it into a paste with a bit of water, and I tell you a little goes a long way. My local Lush girl said that with the usage of the products mentioned above this conditioner is the perfect way to finish off my hair. I love love love this product and will recommend it to everyone everytime! :D


Moroccan Oil Treatment.
This oil is my staple it gives my hair the extra help it needs and I feel like the results have helped my hair in becoming more nourished with a natural healthy sheen. As far as I know the product is infact Argan Oil and can be bought from shops like Boots but I guess Moroccan oil is just the "posh" version. I normally use it after a shower with towel dried hair and let it dry naturally. My curls become more refined and it tames the frizz left in my hair. Alternatively  you can use this with towel dried hair and then blow dry to create a style. Either way this product is just wonderful. I would recommend it for ALL hair types and I love how a tiny pea sized amount of this can be enough for my hair. Some people have said that the smell of this product can be off putting as it smells manufactured and almond like at times to me. I can' really put a word on the smell in all honesty. But I don't mind it.  You really don't realise how great this product is as it lasts such a long time. I take this with me everywhere I travel and my hair just feels so soft and silky and most importantly conditioned. Now this is a pricey product (I think its over £30 for a 100ml bottle) however it will last you months and months and the product is just amazing so I would tell everyone to go and buy this!


So there you have it, these are the products in my current haircare routine. I will most likely do a Hair Styling routine/products post later on as I use different products for that routine as a whole.
I hope that you are all well and enjoying a fab Tuesday!
Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment