Sunday 29 January 2012

Perfume love...

I recently added two more perfumes to my collection one was a gift and the other was a purchase from Duty Free before going away for Christmas to Malta. (Did I mention I was in Malta? Probably not...it was a lovely trip and I will probably post more about it another time as I did make a few purchases there too!)

First shout out goes to Versace's Bright Crystal Perfume. This was a gift from my dad and I have noticed that there has been a Re-Launch in the perfume as there is a new advert and new face to the perfume, Candice Swanepoel is the model and the ads are photographed by Mario Testino. I really like this fragrance, it has a lovely floral tone to it. It includes Peony, Yuzu, Magnolia and Lotus Flower notes, with added pomegranate. It is a really fresh fragrance and under-rated in my opinion. I love the bottle and the smell does linger for a while which is just lovely!



My second shout out is to Love Chloé by Chloé. I bought this fragrance from a duty free shop at Luton airport...it was a bit slap dash as I was running late for my flight but I am very glad that I bought this. In reality I have wanted to purchase it for quite a while..but this time I got round to actually buying it. I like the way this perfume feels when you first spray it on. I find it to be one of those quietly sensual kind of smells. It includes notes of Iris Absolute, Lilac, Hyacinth, Wisteria Blossom, Orange Blossom and Pink Pepper. For me its a lightly floral fragrance which lasts all day. I love how simple the bottle and fragrance itself is. I also love the advert as Raquel Zimmerman is one of my favourite models. This perfume reminds me of the 70s...I can just imagine wearing this at that time with a pair of platforms and high waisted beige trousers...that is probably the advert talking. But I do love this fragrance. It is beautiful and classic.



Last I would like to comment on how much I love these two solid perfumes from Lush they are so easy to use and perfect for touch ups. I just cannot get enough of Lust and Karma. They are both powerful fragrances and I find them to be so nice in the solid form. They always go on incredibly strong but adapt to your own body temperature to release their oils and make it a much more pleasant experience. Lust Solid Perfume is filled with Honey and Jasmine notes which are incredibly sensual and intoxicating. Perfect for evenings in my opinon.  Karma Solid Perfume is refreshing and  has hints of patchouli and orange. This one is so perfect for the mornings and during the day when you might need to stay awake!

What kind of perfumes are you loving for Spring? 
Have a lovely evening everybody! 
Ash xx

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh those r my two faves from lush! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Love Chloe sounds amazing, must spritz it next time I'm at a perfume counter

    ReplyDelete