Tuesday 31 January 2012

Favourites in Hair Styling Products.

Hey everyone. A few days ago I posted about my current haircare routine and this post is just to describe the kind of products I use for styling my hair.

Now in the last post I mentioned Moroccan Oil, which is always a staple and a pre-styling product I use everyday. So with that in mind I use these other products whenever I want to style my hair.

Aussie Take The Heat Leave-in Spray.
This is a heat protectant spray which is filled with Australian Jojoba Seed Oil. I like to use this whenver I blow-dry or straighten my hair after using the moroccan oil. It is one of the best heat protection sprays I have used and I love the consistency in Aussie products. They do the job well and my hair is well managed and soft after I use this with Straigteners or Blow Dryers.

Aussie Dual Personality Hi-Hold + Hi-Shine Hairspray.
This hairspray contains Australian Sea Kelp Extracts which helps to keep your hair in place and adds a healthy shine. I really like this hairspray its one of the best drugstore sprays I have tried. (Of course nothing is as good as L'Oreals Elnett but I really like this spray and the large bottle is helpful in making it last a long time. I feel like you need little product to do a decent job) Again Aussie products are always nice to use on my hair and this hairspray has a firm hold to make sure my curls don't lose their style.

TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray.
I think I mentioned before that even though I have thick curly hair due to stress I lost a lot of it. This spray is amazing for covering up the fact that my hair keeps falling out! I just use it with a blowdryer and it gives my hair a bit of volume and shine. My hair feels so soft and light with this product. This like most TIGI products comes in a big size and a little goes a long way. I love the smell of this spray and I just spray a small amoung into my hands then run through my hair and blow dry accordingly. A definite buy for all those wanting a bit of volume!

TIGI Rockaholic Groupie Texturizing Spray Pomade.
In a previous post I talked about this spray, it is so amazing for adding texture to my flat curls. It defines them and adds a rough yet managed style to my hair. I love it so much. It is a much thicker spray than most so I normally spray it into my hands first than massage where needed for texture. The smell of this product is amazing and the spray has elements of Rosemary, Basil and Spearmint to work with your hair in adding a textured style. Again this is something I would recommend if you are going for a grunge type look and you want to add texture to dull hair.

TIGI Catwalk Curlesque Leave-in Conditioner and Curls Rock Amplifier.


I bought these two products as my hairdresser had recommended them to me for my hair. I love using these when I want to jazz up my curls. The Leave-in Conditioner is an intense cream used for nourishment and contains extracts of kelp and seaweed that work together to moisturise and revitalise my curls. I normally use this with my hands on damp hair and just run it through my hair near the ends just to add extra care. The Curls Rock Amplifier hold my curls and adds shine to them it feels as if I have curled my hair with a tong or straightener when I use them. I tend to use this product 5 or 6 minutes after I have used the Leave-in Conditioner and I use less of it when compared to the conditioner. I take a bit of the product in my hands and use my fingers to curl small bits of my hair to define the curls. After the product has been in the hair for about 30 mins my hair looks amazing. I always love my curls with the Curlesque range!

So these are the main products I use to style my hair. I love the TIGI and Aussie brands because they work best on my hair. What are you favourite hair styling products?
I hope that you are all well!
Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment