Monday 23 January 2012

My favourite Teas.

Tea is a staple part of my life...which is proof that I am inherently very british indeed.
I feel like tea gets me through the day and there are so many varieties that will suit everyone. These are just a few of my favourites.


So from Left to Right.
  • Yumchaa Notting Hill tea which is a Apricot, Strawberry, Marigold Blossom, and Cornflowers with Keemun black tea. It is a fruity sensation in a nutshell. My friend gave this to me as a present and I love drinking this in the middle of the day for a sweet pick me up.
     
  • Sencha Vanilla flavoured Green Tea from The Tea House in Covent Garden is a recent discovery of mine. This tea is full of antioxidants and has a mild yet sweet flavour. I love the vanilla infusion it just adds a bit of balance to the green tea  
  • The Emperors 7 Treasures flavoured green/black tea from the Tea House in Covent Garden. This as well as the tea mentioned above was a gift from a friend. This tea is infused with Rose Petals, Peaches and Sunflower blossoms. This is a more fruity/floral flavour and is perfect with desserts in my opinion. 
  • Twinnings Lavender Earl Grey. I will admit this tea isn't probably to everyones taste. However I find it to be very calming. The Lavender flavour isn't too over-powering and it is perfect in the evenings! I also love the Jasmine Earl Grey, Blossom Earl Grey and Rose Garden teas from the florals selection at Twinnings. Each of these teas are so lovely. 
  • Harrods Flowery Earl Grey. This black tea is my go to breakfast tea. I love the little flowers they give a bit of freshness to the flavour and I love the bergamont. It isn't too strong and is surprisingly refreshing. 
  • Twinnings Aromatics Loose Leaf Lady Grey. This tea is just a more citrus fresh version of the regular Earl Grey.  It has hints of Orange, Lemon and Bergamont with added flower petals for brighter taste. 
  • Harrods Rose with Petals flavoured Loose Tea. This tea has the best Rose infusion with added strawberry flavours. I love this tea at anytime. Its a real treat and the natural sweetness makes it moreish. 
  • Asda Jasmine Green Tea. This tea is just wonderful. The Jasmine adds an oriental twist to the green tea and I just love it for Summer days. 
Well there you have it. A tea post by a real tea lover. I have learned over the years that Earl Grey is a real staple of mine and I just love the varieties too!
Do you have any firm favourites when it comes to tea?
Hope that your day has been filled with smiles.
Ash xx

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE green tea! U made me wanna go to the Tea House in Covent Garden now! Must check out the asda green jasmine tea as well! Lovez it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have access to so many great teas.Loved reading the descriptions of all these. Emperor's 7 treasures sound sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! I love tea. My favourite green tea is bellevue sencha tea - its the best green tea I've found (I also like their darjeeling and earl grey - http://www.bellevue-tea.com/) and Teapigs Peppermint leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. and brewhaha rose tea is divine - very rose scented and tasting - I'd recommend (but I'm a rose addict!)
    http://www.brewhahatea.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete