Friday 12 August 2011

Glitterati.

Around last year I was wondering around Selfridges in London and I came across a stand called Jinny Rainbow. (link!) I was a little interested as I saw many girls covered in glitter tattoos, and I was given a free glitter tattoo which was amazing.

The girls use a stencil, some glue and glitters of your choice. Mine was in shape of a shooting star and I was told that they last around 7 days...I was a bit sceptical at first but then I had seen that after about 5 days (and yes I did shower everyday) my glitter tattoo has lasted! It was amazing.

So that was that, Jinny Rainbow had opened up another stand in the Milton Keynes shopping centre, and again being curious I decided to check it out. Now they were charging for glitter tattoos but they were bigger stencils. So again I got a shooting star (picture below) and was told that it would last 7 days. Why would I get a glitter tattoo? Well I had a gig to attend the next day, and I thought...ok lets see if this lasts thats why! Oh and the gig was the Foo Fighters one in Milton Keynes where both days there were 65,000 people!
So why make a post about glitter tattoos? I mean surely I am a little old for this...as well I am turning 22 after all...in all honesty the main reason for it was because I find them to be so much fun! Glitter tattoos are just nice to look at and can jazz up an outfit really.
Now the JinnyRainbow tattoos are remarkable when used correctly, my second shooting star tattoo lasted nearly 10 days...and this was also throughout my trip to Dubai. I also got one more tattoo before heading off to Dubai (picture below) which was just lovely. I don't know there is something I love about glitter!
 So this was the first tattoo I had from Selfridges.
 This was the tatto that lasted me throughout the WHOLE of Foo Fighters :D
 I got this one done before a day before leaving for Dubai.

Anyway, I bought some more glitters from Jinny Rainbows, these were like £6.50 for a smaller size but still lovely. I have not got around to buying the stencils or the glue yet...but I will do!




So what do you think...glitter temporary tattoos..Yay or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment