Sunday 21 August 2011

Lip favourites.

I never really buy that many lip products, mainly because my make up addiction lies between eye products. But here are some that are my favourites at the moment. They each have their own reasons. :)


1. Sleek Pout Polishes in Sugar May and Monte Carlo. (Limited Edition) RRP £4.99
I really love these balms, they are lovely colours perfect for daytime uses and also contain an SPF 15. Which is always great for hot days! They look lethal in the pictures but I assure you from the swatches that they are both wearable for any skin tone at the matter. They really are conditioning and so easy to carry around for touch ups.

 Sugar May is the peachy tone and Monte Carlo is the flouro pink.




2. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral Queen. RRP £5.99 (I think)
This is my favourite drugstore lipstick! I bought my first one about 3 years ago when they first came out and I have loved it ever since. This coral is a bright pinky coral rather than a red toned one. It's perfect for summer (although I wear it in any season) Or lovely to dab over a nice lipbalm for some light colour. I am not sure about the moisture renew aspect, as it doesn't really last for hours, but the colour is fabulous!


 The top colour is Coral Queen faded out and the bottom swatch is the full colour. I love experimenting with them!


3. Topshop Blush in Neon Rose. RRP £6.00
I know I know a cheek product in a lip favourite post? Well not only is this my favourite and only blusher I regularly use I also use some of it on my lips before applying a lip product. Most of the time I will pair it up with a lipbalm. and for some reason it lasts! I think this is Topshop's best selling blush and rightfully so, it is so perfect for my skin and gives me a natural non-cakey glow.





4. Vaseline in Rosy Lips. RRP £2.89 (I think)
This is the lipbalm of the century for me! And believe me I have used many vaselines, lipbalms etc...etc..So as mentioned in the last product this would be the balm that I would put over the neon rose blush and it is a match made in heaven for my lips. I feel like vaseline is so much better for the winter months where as the Sleek pout polishes are better for spring/summer. Amazing colour and a good investment, can be used at any time of the day and just perks up your lips whilst repairing them. If you check out anything from this list...then check out this!.






5. Sabaya Moisture Lipstick in 24. RRP 55 AED (So about £10 depending on the exchange rate)
As I mentioned in a post before I recently took a trip to Dubai and although I didn't buy too much stuff I did pick up a lipstick. Now the story behind the reason for this lipstick can only be fully explained in the next product that I talk about. But for now...I got this lipstick from an Arab make up store and it is called Mikyayj. Yep I cannot pronounce it either. Now Dubai is good for many things, but I wanted to see something authentic and UAE based rather than the brands that I am used too. Anyway this shop was soo lovely and they had some really nice make up in there which was an average price. I picked up this lipstick, it is the pefect dark rose colour but still has enough pink in it to make it pop. I would probably wear this more in the winter, but I like it nonetheless!







6. MAC Lustre Lipstick in Gem of Roses. Limited Edition RRP £13.50. From the Semi Precious Collection Summer 2011. 
Now this collection was amazing, I mean I love mineralize products as it is and I was looking forward to buying it. So before heading off to Dubai this collection was released in the UK and I managed to pick up 3 eyeshadows and forgot about the lipstick as I couldn't find it around my local MAC store. When I got to Heathrow Airport I saw that this lipstick was there...however some b**** infront of me got the last one.. I was soo heartbroken because I REALLY wanted this lipstick more than anything but she got the last one!! If only I had gotten to the stand 2 minutes earlier. Anyway this explains why I bought the Sabaya lipstick I was looking for a similar colour to this...but I was so so sad that I couldn't get this colour its lame but it just suited me so well. It has also been sold out EVERYWHERE in the UK.. and wasn't released in Dubai until about 2 weeks after I had left...
Fast forward a month, and I have been a bit sceptical on people selling stuff on eBay but I saw that this seller has a eBay top seller badge and lots of people had bought products from them, so I thought WHY NOT! I found this lipstick and I bought it straight away. Anyway it was delivered a couple of days ago and my my I love this colour. It is the right shade of gum rose pink and perfect for day times or night times. Eugh I love this colour so much and I am so glad that I posesss it now!





7. Estée Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick in Melon. RRP £18.50
Technically this isn't my lipstick, it is my mums but she never used it. So I thought I would use it so that it would not go to waste of course!  Lauder always seem like an 'Old Lady' brand to me probably because the packaging is gold and navy and that well I always see Mature women at the stands. I feel like I am being slightly mean though, I do like Lauder products because of their quality, they really put a lot of work into their products and nowadays their new collections are appealing to a broader audience, which is always good!
Anyway I lovee this lipstick, its the perfect frosted peach. I am always trying to avoid frost lipsticks but this is the only one I truly love, for me its my go to spring colour. It is a bit expensive at nearly £20 but the product is amazing and lasts for years.







So that is all the products I would like to mention for now,
My question to you:
Is there a lip product that you cannot live without? and Why? 
:)




Note. All products were purchased by me with my own money apart from the Lauder Lipstick which was purchased by my dad with his money for my mum hahaa.


No comments:

Post a Comment