Tuesday 23 August 2011

Hauls of the day..well kind of.

Hello all, I hope that you are having a super Tuesday.

I have been really unwell for the past week or so and only today did I get a chance to leave my home. It is my mums birthday soon so I needed to buy her present today.
I met up with a friend and did some shopping, which of course is always a treat.
Anyway I thought I would do a post about some things that I have bought and a few late birthday presents that were given to me!

1. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit. RRP £13.25 
I have heard many positive reviews about this product and thought that I myself would give it a try. It is a cleanser with extracts of rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butter and eucalyptus essential oil (as it says on the bottle) and it is used on your skin to remove make up dirt to clean and polish etc...etc.. I bought the starter kit for the Muslin Cloths which help the polish get rid of make up and grime revealing a cleaner and softer skin. Well that is what I assume takes place anyway, I will be testing out this product and conducting a review of it soon. So fingers crossed that it works well! :)



2. Giorgio Armani, Armani Code EDP 30ml.
This was a gift given to me for my birthday. I have only ever bought the Emporio Armani fragrances yet never tried this one. It is a little different for my taste maybe a bit mature but its nice for colder months as it has a strong lingering type of smell. This smells pretty earthy with its sandalwood essences, yet it has a citrus overtone. Again I have only used it a couple of times so only time will tell if I will like it. Price is unknown as it was a gift!



3. Paperchase Notebook and Pen. RRP £3.50 and £2.25
I have never kept a notebook in my handbag, and now that I am getting older and feeling like I travel around a lot I decided to buy one today. Its very handy and I bought a white gel pen to match. Hopefully I will use it for ideal wishlists, friends messages, memories and travel adventures. Looking forward to see where the next year takes me!




4.  Foo Fighters Skin & Bones Album
I am a huge Foo Fighters fan, I saw them live not too long ago actually in my hometown of Milton Keynes and it was the best concert that I have ever been too. I have all of their albums on CD...mainly because if I love a band with a passion I normally by the Album on CD...it adds a personal and sentimental value to their music I think. (Although I paid £10 for mine on the website it is going for £4.99!!)
This album was a collection of their live recordings at the Los Angeles' Pantages Theater from their expanded 8 piece band on the In Your Honour tour, mainly consisting of the softer side to their tracks. I love the song 'Skin and Bones' so I thought that I would give them album a go too. :)




I would like to mention a array of random things now.
Firstly a few things I am loving right now.
  • Clinique Super City Block ~ An oil fre daily face protector which has an SPF of 40. My gosh this is the best face protector that I have ever used. It was my saviour in Dubai and gave me a matt flawless finish on my skin when applied under foundation or tinted moisturiser. 
  • Diesel LOVERDOSE Perfume ~ I think this perfume is fairly new, but I managed to get a little tester of it. I loved the purple bottle and the vanilla and liquorice infused smell. Definitely will be checking this out again. 
  • Elie Saab Le Parfum ~ This perfume had just come out in Dubai in the beginning of July and was soo expensive for me at the time, but it has now been released in the UK. And I LOVE IT. The best perfume to come out all year and it will definitely be a big seller for the Autumn/Winter Months and Christmas time. It smells divine, floral and overpowering but the right amount of both. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. I also happened to get a 50ml gift set with a 10ml purse spray and little body soap for my mum's birthday. I cannot wait to get my own bottle. GO GO GO and check out this perfume, it is TO DIE FOR. 



Gifts from my friend Ellen in Australia. 
My lovely friend from Brisbane sent me a few things for my birthday which included Tim Tams (chocolate biscuits which were so amazing I have nearly finished them all!) A perfume dispenser and some earrings. I love the colour of the earrings because they are the perfect brick red colour for A/W!




Finally Gifts from my best friend Chloé.
Chloé knows me so well! I got some lovely presents from her including some apricot and strawberry flavoured black tea (to curb my tea addiction), a teal bracelet and a Tea and Cake necklace. It is soo adorable I cannot wait to wear it.




So that was my haul/ramble about things that I have bought or had given to me. It is a mixture of things...as I like a variety of random things.


Song of the day: Helpless by Friendly Fires. I adore this album, this song and this band. Check it out its the right kind of mellow to cool you down after a tiring day. :)


Question of the day: What is your favourite type of tea? I am really loving my Lavender Earl Grey by Twinings. 



1 comment:

  1. Lovely Haul Ash...your friend Chloë really knows you well and her choice is really commendable...tea n cake necklace is really cute. :) m also tea addict like you :D.

    ReplyDelete