Wednesday 7 September 2011

Gothic Luxe: An Inspiration

One of my favourite movies of all time is Beetlejuice. I am a huge Tim Burton fan, I just love his style of movies and the fact that he likes to make them with a quirky edge. Well I think one of the best characters in his movies is Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice, I love her innocence and the noir style. Lydia is probably the only goth that I like on the movie screen her witty quotes are so memorable!

Any here is a post dedicated to her style and what inspires me as the new season is upon us. I have never been one for conventional fashion so this might be something that I will follow in the up coming months. (But perhaps a bit toned down).


I like the straight cuts and the mix of lace.


For me black is an important staple in my wardrobe. Not to sound too depressing but I like wearing black! I think I will be taking some hints from Lydia's style.


I love mixing lace, velvet and beads together, my taste is all about layering and colour really. I came across this blog on buzzfeed of Bebe Zeva, who is one of my favourite people to follow on there. Her outfits are a collection of everything I love, (that I wish I could wear too!) She does well with her funeral chic playing with different fabrics as you may see below.




What do you guys think? Is the Gothic Luxe something that you would go for?

No comments:

Post a Comment