Saturday 3 September 2011

Ten August favourites...

Firstly apologies for the lack of posts, I have been incredibly ill and busy at the same time! 

Here are a few things that made the list for my favourite things in August.

1. e.l.f. Bamboo Smudge Brush. RRP £5.50.
This brush is perfect for above/below lashline smudging. It's is small enough to create a perfect line and great for when I want to add an eyeshadow below my lower lashes. I have been using this nearly every day and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small sized brush for their eye make up.


 2. Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara in Black. RRP £15.00.
This has been my mascara of the month. It is perfect for lengtening, volumising and adding definition to lashes. It is gentle enough to be removed and the colour is a deep black, good for all those who like a really thick lash. I felt like this mascara lasts a while whish is always good news. The wand itself is a good size, its big enough for the upper lashes but you can still use it on the bottom lash for definition. Plus I love the hippy-ish packaging its lovely and colourful.



3. MAC Matte Eyeshadow in Bisque. RRP £11.50.
In all honesty, I am not a huge fan of MAC eyeshadows (unless they are Matte or Mineralize.) I own about 10 of them all together including the mineralize finishes. I do prefer the Urban Decay ones but that is just a personal choice. HOWEVER. I really like this eyeshadow, Bisque is the right colour for my skin tone, it is the perfect colour for for highlighting above the crease underneath my brow bone or even on its own for a toned down look at work. It is very easy to blend with the right brush and its one I use almost everyday.




4. Good Things Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes. RRP £3.49.
I feel as if wipes can be the easy way out when you need to cleanse your skin, they get rid of make up etc..etc..etc.. I have tried quite a few types of wipes, from Nivea, Olay, Johnson & Johnsons, Biore, Simple, Neutrogena, etc... but these have been the best ones. They contain extracts of Raspberry and Cranberry so they are apparently good for your skin as they are natural. I love the smell of these as some cleansing wipes can smell off. Or infact be too strong like the Biore or Neutrogena ones I tried.  What I also love about these is that they are "Free From: Parabens, Mineral Oils, Sodium Laureth Sulphate and Animal Ingredients..." AND Biodegrable. So anyway if you are looking for some good quality cleansing wipes try these out they are really easy on the skin and definitely my favourite wipes that I have tried. :)

  5. The Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream. RRP £4.00.
This is the best moisturiser that I have ever used! Its perfect, lightweight and leaves your skin soft and hydrated. If you have dry skin then YOU MUST BUY THIS. It's cheap, easily available and a wonder product. I use is everyday and especially this month as I have been ill and my skin has been feeling a bit rubbish. I think this is my favourite product from the Body Shop and everyone should own this. It lasts forever and smells like carrots and roses. I also love the fact that it is orange. I took this with me to Dubai and it was my saviour. If you buy anything from this list then check out this moisturiser, its a genuis product! I don't think that it is too important to have the most expensive of products, as long as it does the job then go for something like this.



6. Lush Sparkle Toothy Tabs. RRP £2.50
I am in love with Lush for inventing these Toothy Tabs, they are just so cool! You can take them anywhere and they come in a variety of flavours. If you haven't tried them already, in a nutshell they are toothpaste in the solid form. Lush give a guideline on how to use them:


1. Pop a Toothy Tab into your mouth.
2. Crunch it up.
3. Start brushing with a wet toothbrush.
4. Brush your toofy pegs with the foam.
5. Do it for a good 3 minutes to get them extra clean.
6. Rinse your mouth out.

  
I love the sparkle flavour, they are vanilla and pepper flavoured and do the job well. You get 40 pieces in one box and I love that they are travel friendly, you can pop them in your handbag and you are ready to go, I keep these in my bag at all times (along with a toothbrush). At first the vanilla and pepper feels a little weird but I love these, I will definitely be trying the other flavours soon. I took these to Dubai and on my weekend trips around the country, they are so useful and a definite must have product if you like different things. Check them out! 


7. Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Coralicious. RRP £3.69
I have many coral nail varnishes but this has been my favourite one of the moment. Its just the right shade, not too orange or pink but a nice red-ish coral. It is so easy to apply and is very cheap indeed. It last on my nails for about 5 days too. Not too sure about the 60 seconds thing but still my favourite nail polish of the month!





8. 2True Cheek n Lip Tint. RRP £1.99
Sometimes the cheapest of things can be of best use. I have been using this tint in Shade 1 for most of this month now. It is exactly like the Benefit Tint but cheaper and to be honest it does the same job for me. It is perfect for the just flushed look and adds a bit of colour to the lips too if you are feeling lazy.

9. Wella SP System Professional Gloss On. RRP £16.50
This product is AMAZING! It is so good for adding shine to your hair, especially for summer when you want your hair to glimmer and appear to be healthy. You get 40ml of product in this and you only need half a pump for the whole of your hair...it is THAT concentrated. It lasts a hell of a long time as I have had mine..for well years..it sounds gross but it doesn't dry out or lose its "flavour" it remains well and I feel like my hair is softer, shinier and overall in a healthy state after using this on freshly dry hair. It can also be used on damp hair which is better for my hair as it is naturally curly. I love the smell of this stuff too, but I have a feeling that it has been discontinued. :( However I found this on amazon so it might still be around.







10. Carmex Lip Balm Pot Original. RRP £2.99
I spent most of this month being ill because of a fever, cough, infection type thing. My lips we soo dry that they had begun to crack and bleed. I tried every balm I had but nothing was helping. Then I remembered that I had this lying around...but I had forgotten where I left it (TYPICAL) eventually I found it and it helped my lips get back to normal! So I had to mention this. I have had my Carmex pot for about 2 years now and it still isn't fnished, it is definitely the best lip balm for repairing lips. Oddly enough I like the smell and texture of it too. Go and buy this for the colder months ahead, you will not regret it!




Anyway other things I would like to mention are:
Favourite Book: The Bolter by Frances Osborne. All about Idina Sackville and the Scandals surrounding her life, the 1920s, fashion and crazy behaviour in a nutshell. A must read for all those who like Boardwalk Empire and everything to do with the 1920s! 


Favourite TV Show: True Blood. Season 4 has been so so good. I love seeing Eric and Alcide without their shirts on. Plus the story itself has been good, I will be interested to see how it ends. 


Favourite Restaurant: Las Iguanas. I was so impressed with the food at this place, brazilian food is becoming my new favourite. If you like something different then check this place out!


Favourite Album: I am afraid I have not been listening to anything "recent" but I cannot get enough of There is Nothing Left to Lose by Foo Fighters. Genuis Albums and beautiful songs. Love MIA. Check it out, its a little more mellow than the others. 


Favourite Drink: Peach Ice Tea. Always a firm favourite for summertime. It doesn't even taste that much of tea :P 


Favourite Movie: Beetlejuice. I have been watching this movie again and it is easily my favourite. All because of Lydia of course! 


Favourite Twitter Account: Made-upstats. So hilarious. End of. Go follow!


Favourite Tumblr Blog: http://fuckyeahugly90sclothes.tumblr.com/ ~ This one reminds me of all the terrible clothes I used to wear.
http://fuckyeahitsthe90s.tumblr.com/ ~ This one is everything I grew up with.


Anyway that is all my favourites for this month.

What are you August favourites? And why? :)


1 comment:

  1. I saw the toothy tabs at my Lush! I haven't picked them up, I just kinda stared at them with a "what the..." look on my face. But I think it's a cool concept.

    ReplyDelete