Thursday 15 September 2011

Superdrug Haul..

I went into Superdrug today and I picked up a few things!

Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara: The Colossal Cat Eyes. £5.99
Superdrug were doing this on offer with £2 off the retail price so I thought that I would give it a go. I have almost run out of my Urban Decay Big Fatty Lash Mascara and I felt like I needed to go back to a high street brand just to compare them. I love the packaging of this one, although I have never tried a mascara with a curved brush so this was interesting. I tried it out and so far it looks pretty good, my lashes seem thickerand longer!




MUA Pearl Eyeshadow in Shade 12.  £1.00
I love the Make Up Academy range in Superdrug, everything is £1 and to be honest I was so surprised with the quality! This eyeshaodw looks really interesting in the pan and even more interesting when applied. Basically it is a dupe of MAC's Club but a cheaper version. I still cannot get over the fact that this is £1. Anyway this eyeshadow is brown red with a green/blue pearl sheen through it. It is a very interesting shade actually because it looks incredibly off with you first apply it but the light changes the colour throughout the day. This eyeshadow is so pigmented, I mean really for a quid its marvelous. I just had to give it a try!



MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil in Turquoise. £1.00
Again I love the Make Up Academy products, I don't own a decent turquoise eyeliner and I thought to myself, why buy this one. It is very highly pigmented and I love how it has a sharper in the lid, very useful!



MUA Lipstick in Shade 11. £1.00
So as I picked up the eyeliner and the eyeshadow I needed something else...and this lipstick looked really good in the swatch. It is a nude gum pink colour and I was interested in the texture of this lipstick. I have seen many people on YouTube talk about these lipsticks so I wanted to test them out myself. This colour is perfect for daywear and it hydrated my lips very well. I love how there is a little surprise pot of lipgloss at the bottom...most brands don't have that (well the brands that I know anyway...) For some reason the pictures show  a more red pink but I assure you that this is more a pink/nude than a red colour!



The top colour is the mini gloss in the tube and the bottom colour is the lipstick itself. :)


Impulse Body Spray in Loving Words (£1.19) and Batiste Dry Shampoo in Boho (£1.45)
These were on offer and I was running out of them. The Loving Words body spray was new in Superdrug and it smells good. But I still think that the 'Tease' body spray is my favourite. I have never tried this variety of the dry shampoo and I prefer the smell of this one to the original. Although the Brit one smells exactly like the Chloé Eau de Parfum. (What a rip off!)




On another unrelated note, I also picked up a huge 21oz candle from TK Maxx. It's the For Every Body range in the Apple Pie scent and it was only £5.99. It is sooo lovely and makes my room smell like pie and winter!  I am really into candles at the moment, I will probably go for a huge Yankee Candle after this one is finished. I love TK Maxx they have the most awesome candles there and at awesome prices. I mean 21oz of CANDLE its such a huge jar that I had to go and put it in my car halfway through my shopping because it was so heavy.





I hope that you are all well. I am just enjoying some Supernatural Season 4 on DVD. God I love Castiel! 

QOTD: What is your favourite drugstore brand? 

Happy Thursday everyone, the weekend is almost here! :) 
xx

7 comments:

  1. Fab haul! You have really pretty lashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lashes look great in that mascara! Also love the color of that lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls, oh thank you so much! My lashes are all natural, so I don't need to wear fake ones! :P
    @Staci the lipstick is amazing, hydrating and such amazing value for money!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey doll, love your blog dear :D!

    newest follower :3

    xoxo
    Effy <3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some really lovely things! I am so annoyed that my Superdrug doesnt sell MUA but i am going to try and find somewhere that does and i will definitely check out the things that you bought :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emily
    Thanks love! It is so odd that your Superdrug doesn't sell the MUA products, do go one a hunt for them because they have pleasantly surprised me! :)

    ReplyDelete