Monday 12 September 2011

Pointless Purchases that I regret...

I admit it, I have made a few stupid purchases in the past and I always kick myself for them. Here are a few examples.


1. Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Adore.
This is possibly the most STUPID purchase I ever made from Urban Decay. I love their brand but this eyeshadow was just utter rubbish. The pay off was horrible...and even with a primer it left a blue tinge to my eyes after removing and cleansing. Eurgh it just looks to flakey and powdery when you put it on. I really don't think that the colour is that good either... I think that they have discontinued this colour too..good on them it't terrible.



2. Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Make-Up Remover.
This was a cheap and cheerful purchase, but this make up remover did nothing for me. The packaging was just stupid, a little too much pressue when trying to get the product out it would splatter everywhere. It would remove my make up but leave a residue and just leave my skin extra oily. I didn't realise that this was an oil based remover at first so that is probably why it did not suit my skin.



3. Lush American Cream Hair Conditioner. 
I feel like this conditioner did absolutely nothing for my hair. The smell was slightly sickening. Even when I used it, my hair did not feel conditioned at all, it just felt normal and slightly waxy. I just feel like the Jungle Solid Conditioner is ten times better and made my hair feel softer. American Cream however was another one of my pointless buys, I have a feeling that because my hair is thick and curly this conditioner did not suit it..but then again...I bought the conditioner because my lush girl advised me too. Hmm too late to ask for my money back I think...


4. BeyoncĂ© Heat Perfume 50ml. 
ARGH I HATE THIS SO MUCH. And you know the worst thing.... it was a GIFT. I just hate the bottle, the smell, the price. I mean what was she thinking when she made this. I cannot even describe the smell but it makes me sick...but I feel so guilty because I need to use it to show my dad but I geuinely Hate it with a passion. The perfume shop describes it as this:
Heart notes: A sensual combination of almond macaroon, honeysuckle nectar and creme de musk
Top notes: A radiant floral bouquet of Magnolia, Neroli and Red Vanilla orchid balanced with a kiss of luscious Blush Peach
Base notes: A warm and sexy dry-down of giant sequoia milkwood, tonka bean and amber
It smells NOTHING like this to me. And I own...around...30-40 bottles of perfumes. So yeah really a stupid thing that I own. So not a fan of this.
 
5. Sleek Circus and Sparkle Divine Eyeshadow Palettes.
When I picked both of these up (at different times) I was in the I need every palette by Sleek because I just own every other one. But in reality, none of the colours are usable on my skintone anyway. The circus palette has some really weird colours that I would never wear and it is just sitting in my make up collection waiting to be used around halloween times. The same is for the Sparkle palette the reason I dislike this so much is because the darker colours leave a green tinge and just leave my eyes looking powder like.
6. Barry M Nail Varnish in Purple Mauve 313.
The main reason I bought this was because it was a Chanel Paradoxal dupe, but I was not impressed with it. The colour is good no doubt about that but for me this is one of the worst Barry M nail varnishes that I own. It was just thick, gloopy and didn't dry well. So another one of the products that I wish I didn't own! 
 

So these are just some of the products that I regret buying/using.
Are there any that you regret buying?

Hope that you are all well!
Ash

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of those products before. For me, I regret spending so much on the Urban Decay I love NY Book of Shadows Vol III. Especially since right after the Naked palette came out and I bought that. The quality is there, but I use it more for tutorials and halloween. I'm not one for bright purple eyeshadow during my day job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Staci I totally know what you mean, I love Urban Decay as a brand but only a couple of their eyeshadows have been real disappointing. I think the Naked Palette is just a genuis product all the colours are so perfect for any occasion at any time! :D

    ReplyDelete